Friday, 22 November 2013

Cath Kidston Craft Competition ... my entry

All my blog readers will know I'm a HUGE fan of Cath Kidston and her wonderful prints! I own many CK products, and am always lusting after her newest design!

Excitingly, Cath Kidston is soon to open her London Flagship store in Piccadilly, and to celebrate the brand has launched a fun crafting competition. They're asking CK fans to make a pigeon to hang from the rafters at the opening of the fab new store! And the pigeon that the CK team like the most will receive a £180 CK gift card - awesome!

Here are the official rules from Cath Kidston:

WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
1. Make your pigeon. Wool, clay, felt, foil, paper mache, cardboard – anything goes, under 20cm tall.
2. Attach a hanging loop to your pigeon’s back, allowing him to ‘fly’ in store if chosen.
3. Tie a little ID tag around your pigeon’s foot, stating your name and where you’re from.
4. Wrap your pigeon carefully and send it by pigeon post to us (with your name, address and email) at:
Pete’s Piccadilly Pigeons, Cath Kidston Ltd, 125-135 Freston Road, London, W10 6TH
Remember to snap a picture of your pigeon before he makes his journey and share on Twitter or Instagram, tagged #180PICCADILLY – we’ll share the best ones.
All pigeons must land with us before Monday 2 December.

My Attempt

I love a crafting challenge; especially something different like this, and seeing as I have a bit of a thing for birds, I thought it would be a fun mini-project. So I set to it on Tuesday night, using all the bits and pieces that caught my eye in my crafting cupboard...and I was quite pleased with my little attempt!

My 'CK' Pigeon for 180 Piccadilly - the new flagship store

close-up of my pigeon, hehe!

'180' embroidery on his other wing

My little pigeon is adorned with red and green buttons, a Cath Kidston 'scarf' made of CK ribbon, wire feet, a 'handmade with love' hanging loop, lots of stuffing to make him fat, and a tag around his feet saying 'Lucy Bishop, Bedford'. He has 'CK' embroidered onto one wing, and '180' the store number on his other wing.

I hope I've stuck to all the rules, and I look forward to visiting the shop when it opens... I wonder if my little pidge will make it to being hung in store? #fingerscrossed

I'm packaging him off today - so he's heading your way Cath...be kind to him!

All you fellow crafters out there - you must have a go! To find the full list of rules and terms/conditions click here... Make A Pigeon Competition .

Good luck to all the other entries!

What a fun little competition - I love an excuse to get all creative!

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine.
    friv jogos online
    jogos online 2019
    friv jogos 4 school online

    ReplyDelete
  2. They'll help with seating plans, advising on the best layouts for tables whether you have 60 guests or 250. They'll cater for different dietary needs, from vegans to ensuring halal and kosher foods. Most importantly they'll provide you with a schedule of how the reception will run with timings, from the ceremony itself, to photographs, providing luxurious settings in which to have your photo's taken.
    Friv Jogos
    360 jogos online
    game io 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  3. Numbed to the centre of our consciousness, we saw children choked stiff to death, like twisted wax dolls, foaming in their mouths. A young father, holding his dead twins in both his arms, delicately, as if they were fragile toys, was seen posing in front of a cell phone camera, with the cold composure of the temporarily insane, giving his cousin purposeful instructions, '' film it, film it! We need to show it to the world''.
    kizi 2 player racing games
    games free for kids
    friv free online Games 2019

    ReplyDelete