Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Mulled Cider Recipe, Bonfire Night & *Thermo Glasses Review*

I hope you all had a lovely bonfire night!

We celebrated Bert's first bonfire night at my inlaw's house which has become an annual tradition now. We had a bonfire, some fireworks (Bert was very brave!), sparklers, and a yummy dinner of sausages, jacket potatoes and beans (proper comfort food!).

To go with all that yummy food I made a big pan of mulled cider, which really hit the spot - there's nothing quite like a warm spicy alcoholic drink for the cold winter season.

Mulled Cider Recipe

2 litres of dry cider
1 litre of fresh pressed apple juice
3 shots of dark rum (or more if you're really feeling like a party!)
3 or 4 apples cut into slices (I used Braeburn)
1 orange cut into slices
7 allspice berries
8 cloves
4 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise

Let all the ingredients mull on a low heat on the hob - the longer it heats the better it tastes. Keep it on a low heat with a ladle at the ready for party guests to help themselves to.

We devoured pretty much the whole pan last night between the 6 of us!! (hic hic!)

Yum! yum!

If you're looking for a glass to drink your mulled cider from then I have the perfect suggestion for you...

I used these brilliant thermo glasses from Ozeri...

Ozeri sent me these fab glasses to try out, and I just love them.

Here's the deets...
  • Set of 4 heat and shatter resistant borosilicate glasses that each holds 8 oz.
  • Stronger and more durable than common glass, each glass features two opposing mouth-blown dimples that allow for a natural and effortless grip.
  • Patent-pending double wall design that suspends drinks within an inner wall, creating an engaging optical effect.
  • Designed to keep your hands cool with hot drinks, and free of condensation with chilled beverages.
  • Completely dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe. Ships in an elegant 4 color printed box with a 1 Year Warranty. Satisfaction Guaranteed.

I absolutely love these glasses. Not only do they look fabulous, but they also do the job in terms of holding hot punches/mulled drinks without causing a hot glass. They are comfortable to hold and nicely warm on your hands without burning.

the cheesy pose! me drinking my mulled cider at my in law's house

Each glass feels very light to hold, they are made from tough glass, and each one looks slightly different as they are all made from hand-blown glass. I think this makes them really individual - you'll definitely receive compliments from people when you use them! I love the thumb print indents around the glasses which make them easy and comfortable to hold.

We all used the glasses last night for the mulled cider and everyone thought they were great! My Mother-in-Law said she loved how because they're glass and transparent you can see what you're drinking, see all the lovely pretty fruit floating in the top, and can see how much you've drunk/got left in your glass easily.

the hubby doing the obligatory pose!

I cannot wait to use the glasses again for our annual Christmas party when they'll be used for mulled wine.

Perfect!

The thermo glasses can be used for cold drinks as well; because they have doubled walls you won't get any condensation on the glass either. Bonus!

A great addition to anyone's kitchen - they would also be a great gift for a party-throwing person this Christmas.

They retail at £29.99 for a set of 4, and are available on Amazon

I hope you all had fun on bonfire night too...

Here's the firework/bonfire/sparkler shots....

Disclaimer: I was sent the Ozeri thermo glasses for the purpose of this review, however, all words and opinions are my own.

Lizzie Somerset

5 comments:

  1. Your Mulled cider recipe sounds amazing, perfect for winter evenings! I'm definitely going to give it a try, thanks for linking up to #CityCountryLife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your recipe Lucy, it makes me feel warm and cosy just thinking about it. I'll be making that this winter for sure. Thank you so much for joining in with #CityCountryLife xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is now easier than ever to proclaim your inform to the Internet in order to save in totaling taking place occurring by now your associates and connections or even to make a tiny bit of child maintenance once advertising.
    friv jogos online
    jogos online 2019
    friv jogos 4 school online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
    Jogo quente 2019
    360 jogos
    io games 2019

    ReplyDelete
  5. But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
    kizi games
    free games
    friv 2019

    ReplyDelete