Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Oh dear...a mixed day...

Electrical Disasters & Vintage Loveliness
...what a mix!

What a weird day! A real mixed bag...I woke up feeling really rough - my back was hurting so much, and had a horrible headache (pain behind my eyes) and was (and still am) worried it might be the beginnings of a migraine. So was feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Then when I came downstairs I felt as if the house was a mess, and it was making me feel worse, so I just started pottering and doing as much as I can manage. I was tidying, wiping down the sides in the kitchen, and re-arranging bits and pieces in the kitchen, and I totally absent-mindedly wiped (with a barely wet yellow sponge) over the switch in the kitchen that turns on the hob/fan/fridge-freezer/cooker, and about 10 secs later there was a massive BANG! :-(

It scared the life out of me, and all the sockets in the house stopped working, and there was a scorch mark under the socket :-( Oh dear! So I did what any woman would do.....I cried a lot, and then called my Mr. :-) Lol.

I found the fuse box and flicked a switch and it all came back on, but obviously I was still worried about what had happened, so I called out an emergency electrician (this was at 1pm) they quoted £75 plus VAT and parts :-( not good....! Anyway, they said they'd send someone in the next 2 hrs (by 3pm) and low and behold, and 3:15pm they called to say actually they couldn't send anyone until FRIDAY! Morons. I was not happy!!! How good is that 'emergency call out service'??? Rubbish!

Anyhow, I decided to message my friends brother, who is a really nice reliable electrician, and hopefully he will come over take a look for tomorrow (fingers crossed!) I would rather pay him than some moronic company! Lets hope I've not done too much stupid damage! :-(

So, highly stressful day on the electrical-front!

I feel sooo angry at myself, and very stupid! I mean how basic is it to know that water & electricity don't mix? I am officially a moron, and being home so long has turned my brain to jelly!

Apart from that drama, I've just been pottering around the house all day, doing as much as I can manage, and then sitting on the sofa to recover! Its pathetic! I've managed to get a fair bit done, but it just takes me sooo long to do anything because of the back pain.

Vintage Loveliness....

In a more positive tone, I have recently found out about a lovely Vintage business in Milton Keynes, called Vintage Scoops, which is basically a lovely Vintage ice cream van, run by the lovely 'Mrs Scoops' (Hayley)- she hires out her services at any functions (weddings/parties/fayres etc) and she runs her own Vintage Wedding Fairs! Her lovely van is called Betty, after her Grandmother, and it is just beautiful!

What a lovely idea and just a perfect job! Its a shame she is Milton keynes based, as I would have loved something like that at our wedding in Surrey.

Betty!

A snippet of the Vintage Scoops Menu...

Vanilla with Pod
Double Chocolate
Strawberries 'n' Cream
Mint Chocolate Chip
Sticky Toffee
Fudge
Rum & Raisin
Banana & Butterscotch
Maple & Walnut
Peach & Mango

She does lots of lollies as well in great 'retro' flavours like - lemonade, cider, larger & lime, and cherry brandy. Yum!

 Excitingly, Hayley is running a Vintage Wedding Fair soon in MK, and me & my lovely friend Liz are going to check it out - I'm sooo excited!!!

Looks fab & can't wait to check it out! Something lovely to look forward too.

I have been playing with a new photo app on my phone, as I found an image of me from my birthday in October, and I wanted to compare it to a more recent image, to see if I could notice my weight loss - as its really hard for me to 'see' a difference as I look at myself every day...so thought I'd share it on here and see what you think. :-) I was pleased as although its only a head shot, I do think you can see a slight difference.

Also got a lovely new cute pic of my Mr & Kitten - having a cuddle - how sweet....

She is SUCH  a daddy's girl! And a massive poser - when I get my iPhone out she actually stares and poses ;-)

Right, I'd best get on...

Lets hope I manage to get through today with no more disasters...

Thats all for now

Luce
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon.
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s not only modern men in power positions who are clueless about women. If Ben Franklin were alive today, I’d love to whack him upside the head with my Susan B. Anthony T-shirt. Okay, I’ll give him credit for the lightening rod, bifocals, the Franklin stove, and for helping lay the groundwork for the Declaration of Independence. But by all accounts, the guy was a serious womanizer.
    Jogo quente 2019
    jogos 360 2019
    io games 2019

    ReplyDelete